Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Swapping is Fun

I recently signed up to particpate in a few swaps. I used the Bundle of Joy card from my last post for one of them. Here are two more for two different groups in Patti's (will_work4stamps) A Year of Cards swap. I signed up for December in one group and October in the other. I really like how both of these turned out, and I can't wait to see what all of the other ladies bring...
On the December card, I used the polished stone technique with Night of Navy, Buckaroo Blue, Cool Caribbean and Encore Silver reinkers. I stamped the trees with Black Stazon, then highlighted the ground with a 2-way Glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Finally, I accented with navy narrow organdy ribbon, but it just didn't look right, so I melted the ribbon and added a white knot as well.
For the October card, I embossed the Spooky Skyline wheel with Irridescent Ice embossing powder. Then I cut out 24 of those cute little Jack-O-Lanterns (What was I thinking?! My fingers still have indentations from the scissors!) and popped them up on Stampin' Dimensionals. I really like this color combo for Halloween - Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Vintage Violet. It was inspired by the Halloween Night designer paper that was available last fall.

3 comments:

Allison said...

You did a super job on your swaps...and 24 pumpkins? Yea...what were you thinking? (Grins!)

Alli said...

Beautiful cards, I especially love the polished stone one!

Joan said...

both of these rock!