Friday, March 9, 2007

I Love Stampin!

I recently signed up for a swap, and as I was designing the card (even though it took me hours to be happy with it) I thought to myself, "I LOVE STAMPIN!" It is such a relaxing hobby. I love being creative, and I love to show my work to my family and friends. I love to hear back from someone who has received one of my cards, especially when they tell me "I save all your cards!" Man, I just love what I do!!

Here's the card that created all the love....

I tried a couple of new things on this card. First of all, I can't believe it took me this long to try stamping with bleach! It was super easy (aside from the headache I got from the fumes. Note to self - open a window next time!), and I love how it looks! In case you can't tell, I stamped the swirly border on the right with the bleach. Isn't it neat?

I also watercolored the bear image using re-inkers rather than crayons or pencils. I LOVE how it turned out! This is by far my best and most vibrant watercolored image to date.

Lastly, I did reverse masking and masking to create the highlighted square around the bear. Wow, that turned out better than I expected, and again - it was so EASY!

Hope you enjoy looking at the card as much as I enjoyed creating it!

3 comments:

Allison said...

This is super cute...love the bleach effect!

Julie said...

wow! this is cute!

Alli said...

Such a cute card, love the colors and layout!