Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Presidents' Day

I was able to squeeze in a little stamping time, even though the kids were out of school. Here are the few projects I was able to complete.






This first one is for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast. I had to ask though, at what point does a card loose it's "CASEd" status? I changed so much on this card from its original inspiration that you can't even tell it was a CASE really. But overall I think I like how it turned out. What do you think?
The second one I made simply to use the square flower image. I had originally stamped it to use in the first card, but I just couldn't make it work with my layout. Of course, I couldn't let a perfectly good stamped image go to waste; thus, I have a second tulip card.

This is a Criss Cross card that I made for the Technique Challenge on Splitcoast. I had never made a Criss Cross card because they always seemed so intimidatingly difficult. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make. Michelle Wooderson wrote a great little tutorial on one of her gallery posts on Splitcoast.
I had visions of patterned paper on one or both sides, but as you can see, that did not materialize. I actually chose the Take with Teal cardstock to coordinate with a sheet of Petals and Paisleys designer paper. Still, I like teal. I embossed the polka dots using copper embossing powder and like the way it looked on the Taken with Teal cardstock. In fact, I liked the combo so much, I had to do the other side with the paisleys. I also used my tab punch for the first time. I think I love it. It looks so great and I can envision creating tabs for all sorts of things....

2 comments:

Allison said...

This card is terrific...and don't worry, you'll use your new sets soon enough!

Allison said...

These cards are terrific...I really like what you did here!