Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Challenge Cards

If I haven't mentioned it before now, I have meant to...I LOVE the challenges over at Splitcoast! They really make me focus and get creative for myself instead of always CASEing someone else's creation. I have to say that I really love how my projects have turned out for just about every challenge I have done. (There are a few that I could do without of course.) Here are two challenge cards that I completed yesterday. I love them both and I think I will find it hard to actually write in them and give them away (but that is their intended purpose, so.....). The cowgirl card is for my 1 year old adorable niece, Jocelyn. I am such a dopey aunt - I forgot to send her birthday card back in JANUARY! Hopefully, since she is only 1, she won't remember that I forgot her very important first birthday.... I'm sure my brother will be all too happy to remind her though!

Anyways, this card was created for the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS. In this challenge, your job is to CASE a card from the featured stamper's gallery, changing at least 2 things. So, I was browsing through Beth's gallery (our featured stamper) and found this adorable card she made. Since my brother has horses and land and such, and they live in TX, I thought this is the PERFECT card! Jocelyn is an adorable little cowgirl. So, I changed several things when CASEing this one, including stippling Flamingo Pink Pearl Ex over the paisleys in the background. It is so shimmery IRL, but the scanner just doesn't do it justice.

This Best Blossoms card was created for the latest Technique Lover's Challenge. The technique we were to use was called "Blurred Vision". This is the absolute easiest way to achieve a watercolor look. I stamped the base of the lilac using Perfect Plum, then overstamped the detail in Elegant Eggplant. Next, I took my aqua painter over the edges (and some in the middle) of the images to blur it, and viola - a soft watercolor look. To snazz it up a bit, I stamped the detail again in versamark and embossed with Irridescent Ice EP. Another shimmery card!

Two fun challenges and two great cards (if I do say so myself). Hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed creating!

No comments: